Government Relations and Affordable Advocacy
Public relations is the practice of managing information between an individual or an organization and the public. It includes you and/or your organization gaining audience exposure through topics of interest or news items that bring publicity at a much lower cost than advertising. The aim of most public relations campaigns is to persuade others to develop sympathetic awareness and opinions about your campaigns, products, or political decisions. Common activities in public relations include public speaking, industry awards, working with the press, and employee communication.
Media relations, unlike public relations, involves working with newsmakers (and sometimes tastemakers) for the purpose of informing the public of an organization’s mission, policies, and practices in a positive, consistent, and credible manner. Typically, this means coordinating directly with journalists, editors, publishers, and others responsible for producing news and features. The goal of media relations is to maximize positive coverage without paying for it directly through advertising.
Empowerment Enterprises, Ltd. offers an extensive media list, comprised of magazine publications, newspapers, TV, and radio outlets. Media relations presents unique challenges in that the news media cannot be controlled ? they have ultimate control over whether stories pitched to them are of interest to their audiences. Because of this fact, ongoing relationships between an organization and the news media are vital.
Working with media raises awareness and improves your ability to create an impact with a chosen audience. It allows access to both large and small target audiences and helps in building public support and mobilizing public opinion for your cause, company or campaign, to build integrative, two-way communications.
Top 10 Reasons for Incorporating Government and Advocacy Relations
- Launch of a new product, service, or candidate
- Initiation of new factories, offices, and elected officials
- Financial and campaign results
- Organization sponsored events and awards
- Launch of organizational and promotional campaigns
- Recent disasters, strikes, crisis or organizational closures
- Awards and accolades
- Visits from dignitaries and celebrities
- Involvement in local and community activities
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives
Our Government Relations Services:
- Strategic Planning and Account Development
- Press Releases
- Targeted Media Pitches and Tours
- Crisis, Issues, and Reputation Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social Media
- Film and Photography
- Surveys, Focus Groups, and Polling